Monday, February 1, 2010

I Begin My Blog

Back in August, my daughter, Grace and I went to see a movie, "Julie & Julia". She picked the movie and I really knew very little about it. Well, I loved it and I found it oddly inspiring. We went straight to a Borders Bookstore to buy "Mastering the Art of French Cooking". They were completely sold out. But I did order one and I picked it up a week or two later. Shortly after that, I joined Weight Watchers and began to try to lose some weight so my ideas of copying Julie and trying all the recipes in Julia Child's cookbook went out the window. But I have decided to take on a slightly smaller challenge. I am looking for the Perfect Biscuit.

I started yesterday by making a recipe that I found on Allrecipes.com. It was called J.P.'s Big Daddy Biscuits. Well, it wasn't what I was looking for. It got a rating of 4 1/2 stars on Allrecipes but mine didn't look like the picture. Maybe my baking powder was old or maybe I was using the wrong kind of flour. But I only gave them 2 stars. Now, I should say that they all got eaten. Between the 5 of us they were gone by the end of the day. But my search continues. Check back for Recipe #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment